Thursday, August 14, 2014

 

As you all know, school is just around the corner. ( I start next Monday! (◡﹏◡✿) ) Whether you are entering a new school, are starting your first year of high school, or just need tips... here are a couple. 

                         Make new friends! I'm going to have to take my own advice on this one because I'm super shy and dislike a lot of people, but it's a must. Regardless, you're going to meet a ton of new people this year, why not befriend them? Who said too many friends was a bad thing? Maybe you'll find a really great person. (◕‿◕✿)                     Study super hard! This is something I haven't really done in the past 3 years. Studying is insanely important when you're in high school. These four years of your life could decide where you go in the next 80 or so! Make it count!
                    Eat healthy! School food can be super fattening and instead of gaining your Freshman 15 in college- you'll be getting it in high school. Prevent that by either packing your lunch with nutritious food from home, or picking out carefully the best foods you can find at school! (fruits, salads, wraps, etc.)
                   Sleep more! Since waking up in the morning super early is obviously the hardest thing for anyone to possibly do, make it easier on yourself! Start sleeping earlier. Don't think about what you'll be missing out on, think about how much sleep you'll be getting and how rested you'll be the next day! 
                  Make good habits last! Start getting into healthy routines like flossing daily, working out, studying for an hour a day, etc. Those will really help out in the long run! 
                 Create good relationships with your teachers! Having a good relationship with at least one of your teachers is mandatory. When you're a senior you're going to want one of them to help you out with recommendations for colleges! If you don't have any, it looks bad on your resume!
                Do service hours! If your school doesn't already ask you to do hours as part of a grade, then I suggest you start doing them on your own! My personal favorite things to do are going to homeless shelters and helping them out during the holidays. I bring them baskets of presents with my school and it's usually full of health products like floss, tooth paste, a tooth brush, a comb, cologne, etc. Not only does it look good on your college application but it makes you feel better as a person. 

That's all I really have! I hope this helps out some of you. I'm currently going into my senior year and there's a ton of this stuff I wish I did. I'm going to make this last year count. 
                                                  ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

                         





No comments:

Post a Comment